Friday, April 2, 2010

... Small update....

Loong time no writing so 1st of all some update of 2010 :)


January

I finally made the worst exam (for me) – advanced microeconomics, what allowed me to come a step closer to finish my studies this June!!


I also facilitated at Czech leadership conference (yes.. again.. :P) with very loose and flexible concept for different level and interest of delegates. It was 1st time tried this way in Czech republic.. It was very interesting and powerful. For facis more demanding on backstage coordination a preparation though, but then easier during the process. Great and enriching experience! Especially because of co-facis and co-creators Mena, Mojco and Juro!! thank you guys really!!


!

And I met so many alumni, and reconnected with people here- was nice, really nice!!! Alumni corner at MCP election, there were 2 more rows full of alumni (unfortunately I dont have a picture:-/ )


And even nicer was to be 1st time at a Czceh national conference with my sister, and to see her winning several leadership and project awards and being proud as never before!!!!! :)

Yes.. 2 Pospisilovas at one place.. you can imagine :)


After this I told myself it was the last event…. Not for long that time anyway ;)……


February

My sisters team finally got through their education project "Edison" 7 interns to Prague. For the trainees the project started with special preparation week full of trainings, feedbacks, get to know etc.. I promised to Edison to do for them outdoor teambuilding and seminar for facilitating and presentation skills (a.k.a. TTT :)

The great thing was I had a co-faci for this preparation week- Mira (Jankas boyfriend- Janina including the whole family, huh?? :P) and I am amazingly thankful for his help, support, feedback and great job!!!


Some days before coming to Prague, being at teamleaders national conference and doing trainings on planning, project management and teamleading, I hated myself for putting myself AGAIN into so many responsibilities, thinking “when the hell I would start to write my thesis????”


Nevertheless the following event with the project was maximally interesting,

Not many of the trainees had long @ XP and the work with them was very different. The approach, attitudes, working endurance, language (we do not consider much how specific our vocabulary is- and I do not count abbreviations at all!) .. So- new experience for me.

Outdoor games in the center if Prague! :)


I totally DO NOT regret I did it! Not at all!!!!! (and btw I again confirmed to myself how much I can be effective the more things I have and how much I love to be overloaded!! :))


From that time I refused all “offers” to facilitate/ chair/ train to focus on my studies. (Yes was very hard to say “No”, but it turned out that it was good decision though..)


March


I started to write my thesis- about strategic analysis of a company- it is for my dads business – hopefully with practical use after I finish.


Sincerely I am pretty much into it, I love to get to know more about the market and the business, searching for the opportunities, analyzing the company from all sides.

Only thing killing me is the theoretical part..:-S... for that I have not much motivation neither energy and it s going soooo sloooooooow.. I need to read a lot, whatis really inetersting and cool but..the more I read the more I get confused and disperse and lost :-S…..

Anyway I need to finish by end of April so hard weeks and days are coming…


Beside that I need to finish 3 more courses and do the state final exam, that will be held in June- 1st week..

so if everything goes well I should be finished soon.. VEERYYY SOOON.. my god….Scary.. isn’t that?? :-O

-----------------

Random corner :):

I started to learn salsa, with some friends we go once, sometimes twice a week for lessons and we learn beside salsa also bachata and merengue.For me it is kind of “keeping alive” my latino soul, and I usually come very happy from the lessons :)..

-----------

Other thing form my life.. but very important is that - although I have many things to do, it does not fulfill me at all.. Reading my blog from last years I realized how I was happy and enthusiastic, when I saw some impact of my (bullshit - our!) work on people´s life.. Now I do not see any impact around, this academic life impacting me does not help at all, cause it is “only me”..too little.. I feel useless and what is even worse that I do not do anything about that with the excuse “I have my thesis, I cannot start doing anything else to not to be dispersed”…



..so I m in the circle but with the strong motivation to concentrate all my energy to finish this university stuff and start to create value in this world ;)..


What it will be concretely? I have several ideas and I will decide soon.. all of them are interesting for me and challenge me a lot. Actually all of them can be realized, the decision will be more about their order ;)… Getting excited to write about that in June :).

1 comment:

Pablo said...

Great to read you again. Care to come visit me anytime soon busy girl? I miss our talks.
I'm pretty much always available in the evenings, just let me know when you get some time off.

Besos amiga